Sunday, March 20, 2011

PRESENTATION AT VWBPE

This week I presented at the Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education conference, held at Machinima East of the conference center in Second Life.

I presented my paper "Language Instruction in Virtual Worlds: Literature and Praxis",

The talk went pretty well  -  as part of the presentation I also had showed our machinima from Dr. Partridge's Games and Simulations Class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPW9wfLyhUM

This was well received by the group of roughly twenty educators/participants that attended...
my lecture. 

This is a snapshot from earlier in the conference when I attended another session.

This series of photos is from a seminar discussion on language in Virtual Worlds with Heike Phillip from Germany,  Randall Renoir of Illinois, and other participants.  They talked with me after the seminar discussion about possibly attending a conference in England called "EuroCall" and one in Vancouver  title CALICO  later this year. 




Note the one particpant who brought his blimp to class to listen in to the lecture, pretty cool!



Dave P


No comments:

Post a Comment