Tuesday, October 19, 2010

My Avatar's Done a Bunk!

My Avatar Escaped

In my last post I talked about the idea that when Virtual Worlds go into true 3-D, one presenter said "The Avatar will escape from the box!"  

Apparently, my avatar was listening, because the next day he became invisible - first all that was visible was some clothes, hair, and shoes.  As I tried to fix him, more of him disappeared, until sometimes he was completely invisible - other times just hair floating around, other times two eyeballs were swiveling about (creepy, no?)  Kind of a new twist on "the smile without the cat" as in Alice in Wonderland.



About four hours of fiddling with controls and looking at web pages for advice did no good.  This morning . . .
I have tracked down a couple of help pages from 2nd Life's tech staff, and I will try their suggestions.  Apparently this is fairly common when using double monitors.

Dave P


He's returned . . .

Here's an update - I got him back by disconnecting my extra monitor and editing some graphic controls.

Now if I can make him look correct for the Machinima movie we are filming tonight . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment